I can go out with confidence again – Joanne
The Fem-Tone has changed my life – Mary
I saw results after one week - Linda
I slept through the night for the first time in years - Marilou
Thank you for my independence - Christine
I used to feel ashamed and embarrassed… no more! - Amanda
No more accidents sneezing, laughing or coughing – Janet
I treated myself in the comfort of my own home - Beverly
proven solution for incontinence.
How Dr. Norm’s Fem-tone treats urinary incontinence
Have you been told that you have stress, urge, or mixed incontinence and that you have to wear a pad for the rest of your life? Well …you are not alone! 1 in 3 women will have some urinary incontinence which, if not properly addressed, will lead to chronic long-term incontinence. Unfortunately, wearing a pad is not a SOLUTION! It’s a containment method!!! And frankly, we think it’s just unacceptable.
I’m Dr. Norm, creator of the Fem-Tone STOP FEMALE INCONTINENCE solution! I’m a Doctor of Physiotherapy, and we’ve treated over 60,000 people in my clinics over the span of my career. Recent advances in technology have allowed us to bring you the same treatments we’ve been using in the clinic straight to your home, in a unit that’s safe, effective and affordable!
What does Physical Therapy (or physiotherapy) have to do with female incontinence? Well, when you’re continent, it’s because certain muscles in your pelvic area are doing the job they were meant to do! When you’re incontinent, these muscles aren’t functioning properly, and need to be retrained… and the more you exercise them, the better they do their job. Doesn’t that sound like a better solution than using a pad to just absorb the leaks? And that’s why physical therapists (or physiotherapists) have been helping women with incontinence issues for well over 25 years…by retraining the pelvic muscles.
I’m sure you’ve all heard of Kegel exercises at one time or another. These are exercises designed to retrain the pelvic muscles. They alone don’t work very well with stress, urge, or mixed incontinence because:
1) most people with stress, urge or mixed incontinence have pelvic muscles that are so weak that they have forgotten how to contract them and in fact compensate by using different muscles when we ask for a contraction. Because the pelvic muscle contraction with the Fem-Tone stimulation unit is totally automated, you set the device for stress, urge, or mixed incontinence, and it will automatically and effortlessly contract the correct muscles for you…each time and every time!
2) most people don’t have the endurance or patience to do 30min of the pelvic exercises every day…they do a measly few sets of 12 contractions and wonder why they don’t see results. Dr. Norm’s Fem-Tone allows you to effortlessly do 30 min of pelvic floor exercises a day. Because it does the work for you, you’re free to read, watch television, surf the web or have alone-time… you just need to set aside 30 minutes per day to apply the Fem-Tone pelvic muscle stimulator.
Retraining muscles takes time. That’s why it must be used almost daily for 3 months. Yes, it takes commitment, but you’ll thank us later!
Although we have perfected this unit over the years and have developed proprietary stimulation parameters for an optimal resolution of incontinence issues, we cannot take credit for inventing this type of device. Similar devices have been used in Physical Therapy (physiotherapy) offices for well over 25 years, and have been shown to be highly effective, and just as important, very safe. In fact, there are many published studies that attest to this. Here are some of them (click on the bold words to see the article):
1) In the British Journal of Urology International, Barroso reported that transvaginal electrical stimulation is a practical alternative with few side-effects and is effective for treating the main forms of female urinary incontinence.
5) In the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sand reported that transvaginal pelvic floor electrical stimulation was found to be a safe and effective therapy for genuine stress incontinence.
6) In the European Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology and Reproductive Biology, Correia reported that Intravaginal Electrical Stimulation is an important treatment to improve urinary stress incontinence.
Frequently asked questions about Dr. Norm’s Fem-tone for urinary incontinence
Absolutely not!!! 1 in 3 women will have some urinary incontinence at some point in their lifetime, which if not addressed, can lead to long-term incontinence. Two-thirds of women do not experience leakage.
It does not hurt at all! Gentle muscle stimulation feels like your muscles are contracting (pulling upward and inward), then relaxing. You control the level of stimulation, and should increase it until you a feel a comfortable tightening of your muscles around the Comfort-Plus adapter. Then just let the Fem-Tone do its thing: contract the right muscles each time and every time.
This depends on the severity of your symptoms and how weak your pelvic floor muscles are. Many women see an improvement after a few weeks, but studies have shown that 90% of women have seen a 90% improvement after 90 days of treatment. If needed, you can keep on using it until you’re satisfied with the results or for maintenance.
- Quite simply, if you have incontinence, the pelvic floor muscles have gotten so weak that you cannot contract them well on your own, because of a process called muscle inhibition. Further, most people who try to do Kegel exercises to contract their weak pelvic floor muscles end up cheating (unbeknownst to them) by using other muscles. Dr. Norm’s Fem-Tone contracts the right muscles, each and every time, effortlessly giving you perfect Kegels.
- voluntary Kegel exercise alone will give you only a 40% contraction of the muscles, but the Fem-Tone device can activate up to 90% of the muscle
- most people do a measly dozen or so clenches, which will not change much…the Fem-Tone unit will give you hundreds of contractions
A non-silicone lubricating gel will conduct the current well, enabling you to contract your pelvic muscles without having to turn the unit up very high.
Well, you can… but be advised that your incontinence will only get worse as you become dependent on them. Muscles follow a use-it or lose-it rule… if you don’t use them, they will just get weaker, and you will get dependent on them. Strengthen the muscles, and your stress/urge/mixed incontinence is gone!
Further, it is estimated that incontinent women spend $900 per year on pads/diapers… not exactly a cheap option
We offer a Product Warranty against manufacturing defects for up to 12 months from the time you receive your order. The warranty entitles you to a replacement of the Fem-Tone unit.
We also a offer a Performance Satisfaction Guarantee: Use the Fem-Tone as instructed for 90 days and if you’re not thrilled with the improvement, simply return the device, at our cost, so that we may verify it’s use log and we will refund you… This process must be initiated within 120 days of receipt of the product
Dr. Norm is a world-renowned doctor of physiotherapy, who has been treating urinary incontinence for over 25 years. He’s helped over 60 000 patients in his clinics. In the past, the units were so bulky and expensive that treatments had to be performed in the clinic, and cost about 2500-4000 USD. With today’s technological advancements, he can offer the same treatment for home use, in an affordable device that just as safe and effective as the clinical units.
Unlike one of competitors who uses a very large 6” insert, our Comfort-Plus adapter is the size of a large thumb… You can see the photo for example.
Not at all, the unit has no moving or vibrating parts. There is no sexual sensation.
First, you will get tighter down there, so both you and your partner will have enhanced sensations. Second, since there are muscle contractions during an orgasm, the stronger the contractions, the stronger the orgasm…so by working the muscles, most women report a more fulfilling sex life
Many many studies attest that it is safe and that there aren’t any adverse affects associated with these devices
Users who have had hysterectomies or have internal adhesions may find their first workout uncomfortable. Spinning the probe away from your scar can help. You should also use plenty of lubricant to ensure good conductivity. After a while, you will find that this unpleasant sensation disappears.
First off, if you are expecting it to vibrate, then of course I can understand why you think it doesn’t work. The Fem-Tone unit does not vibrate, it sends a mild electric current through the electrodes (the 2 shiny parts on the vaginal adapter) to naturally contract the pelvic floor muscles.
Here is how to test the unit:
- place 2 new 1.5V AAA batteries into compartment as shown. Press the on off button at the very top of the unit. Does the unit turn ON? If it turns on you will see an A, B, C or D on the screen under the word mode. If the unit doesn’t turn ON, stop here and let me know.
- if the unit did turn ON, turn it off please. Insert the lead wire into the Comfort-Plus adapter, and the unit. Put the included gel on the Comfort-Plus adapter, making sure that the shiny parts have gel on them. Now hold the adapter in the palm of your hand and close your hand around it, making sure that there is contact on both electrodes (shiny parts) on the adapter. Now gradually increase the current…you will eventually feel a current in your hands. This confirms that the unit is working. If it is not, let us know at which point during this process you are having difficulties.
- Now you can try electrode intra-vaginally. You will increase the current gradually until you feel a strong yet comfortable current which will then contract your pelvic floor muscles…thus helping with your incontinence, if used for 90 days.
- Do not use Dr. Norm’s Fem-Tone, without consulting your doctor, if you have a cardiac pacemaker.
- Do not use Dr. Norm’s Fem-Tone, without first consulting your doctor, if you have metal staples or implants in or around your pelvic area.
- Do not use Dr. Norm’s Fem-Tone if you have a barrier contraceptive device such as a diaphragm or cervical cap.
- Do not use Dr. Norm’s Fem-Tone while you are pregnant or for the first 12 weeks after birth.
- Do not use Dr. Norm’s Fem-Tone while you are suffering from vaginal or urinary infection.
- Do not use Dr. Norm’s Fem-Tone during your menstrual period or any other vaginal bleeding.
- Do not use Dr. Norm’s Fem-Tone if you have tuberculosis, malignant or local cancers, high fever or undiagnosed pains.
It actually is not if you consider that the cost of pads/diapers is about 900$ per year, and that doctor or physical therapy visits will cost you thousands. The Fem-Tone was designed to an affordable home unit that is just as safe and effective as the ones used by medical professionals.